Legion RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cosmic Powers List

4 posters

Go down

Cosmic Powers List Empty Cosmic Powers List

Post  Jolly Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Deities

Radiant Vanguard: Light, Justice, Sun and Moon, Protection
Great Dragon: Love, Beauty, Magic, Mercy, Stars
Noble Drifter: Freedom, Creativity, Cunning, Travel
Black Sovereign: Power, Law, Civilization, Deception, Darkness
Grim Swordsman: Death, Time, Fate, Revenge
Oaken Father: Beasts, Seas, Seasons, Weather, Plants
Iron Master: War, Earth, Metals, Loyalty, Smithing
Wild Rager: Storms, Fire, Battle, Revelry, Mischief
Night Shroud: Knowledge, Wealth, Thievery, Skill, Fortune

Possible Additions
Crimson Marauder: Hatred, Conquest, Fear
Wailing Lord: Despair, Sorrow, Plagues
Veiled Whisperer: Madness and assorted other domains depending on its incalculable whims

Primordials

Imix: Malevolent and tyrannical lord of fire
Ogremoch: Cruel and capricious primordial of rumbling stone and earth
Mual Tar: Bestial creature of lighting and thunder
Leviathan: Plane spanning serpant of pure chaos, slain long ago
Geothymnis: Mountain-sized primordial of stones and crystal, former master of dwarves
Aeollsion: Dozens of semi-sentient bolders encaged in a whirling tempest
Nycramandytha: Amorphous horror of cold lightning and acid
Sarukha: Glacially imprisoned primordial associated with tidal surges and crashing waves
Tharizdun: A primordial of entropy, he is currently locked away in a pocket dimension

Demon Lords

Demogorgon: The Prince of Demons, a two headed demon of madness, savage frenzy, and destruction
Orcus: Demon Prince of the Undead
Grazzt: Beguiling demon of corrupting power, and destruction from a position of power
Dagon: A madness inducing aquatic demon of impossible age and unphathomable knowledge
Pazuzu: Bird-like demon lord of broken vows, duplicity, and corrupting deception
Obox-Ob: An ancient demon associated with vermin and former Prince of Demons
Juiblex: Demon lord of slimes and oozes who longs to dissolve all things
Baphomet: Minotaur demon and patron of bestial savagery and abandon
Yeenoghu: The demon prince of gnolls, slaughter, and butchery
Oblivae: A female demon who longs to see civilizations and kingdoms come to ruin and dust

Arch Devils
Archfey
Elder Evils
Misc

Last edited by Admin on Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:06 am; edited 3 times in total
Jolly
Jolly
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Class and Level:
Hit Points:
Cosmic Powers List Left_bar_bleue0/0Cosmic Powers List Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

https://legionrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Cosmic Powers List Empty Re: Cosmic Powers List

Post  synapse8193 Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:10 pm

I'm a little uncertain about the shift in the domains of the Nine. I understand why a good deal of them were done, for example, Necromancy got nuked presumably because it can be wrapped up easily in Magic and Death. Most of the other changes make similar sense, especially the ones you made to the Noble Drifter. Some of the changes, however, sort of don't feel quite right to me. For example, removing Darkness from the Black Sovereign's portfolio, especially when Darkness is one of the big selling-point domains for drawing the connection between him and the drow. Removing Darkness as a domain and leaving Light sort of struck me odd as well; I would've probably kept both or removed both, but this arises more from a personal love of symmetry than anything else. Also, as I recall Fortune fit the Night Shroud not only because of his backstory and dependence upon luck, but also to put him in apposition to the Grim Swordsman, allowing the Shroud to act as a check on the Swordsman's abilities and to reinforce that particular relationship.

Who is the Crimson Marauder? With those domains I could see it being Gymnis or Bane, but Gymnis makes more sense because of the epithet Crimson. Or it could be someone else I'm not thinking of off of the top of my head. I'm pretty sure I know who everyone else is, but I'm less certain of the Marauder. Given who the Veiled Whisperer was, last I knew, Chaos and Truth were also good candidates for domains.

All in all, I like the new gods, though I'll be able to say more when I have descriptions of their goals and main forms and whatnot. Origins also. When they became gods, when they became ACTIVE, and the like. I had the idea that the VW would probably only show up after the Veil between Alcerion and the Far Realm was torn, but again, this is dependent upon and understanding the VW that I'm not 100% sure is accurate or relevant anymore. The Wailing Lord would appear after the Dawn War, or even perhaps during the Dawn War...depending upon how long it took him to scour the Library of Eons at the ruins of Azar-Raaka.

I'm not sure I like Wild Rager better as a name than the Chaos Bringer. I like Radiant over Shining for the Vanguard.

As for the gods not having names, I don't think it's ridiculous. Many religions of the world refer to their gods by titles, particularly and most notably Abrahamic religions. Especially if they enforce a lack of names in their Churches. It certainly makes sense that they don't have their OLD WORLD names, since any reference to them as mortals could have those names. I'm not so sure about new names as much, but then we'd have to come up with names for them on top of the dozen or so titles each of them has.
synapse8193
synapse8193

Character sheet
Name: Kalleth Korgash, AKA Kalleth Bloodscale, AKA Kalleth Grimcursed
Class and Level: 10th level Warblade
Hit Points:
Cosmic Powers List Left_bar_bleue97/141Cosmic Powers List Empty_bar_bleue  (97/141)

Back to top Go down

Post  Chucklossus Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:41 pm

I agree with Lee about the Black Sovereign needing Darkness as a domain and I also like Chaos Bringer a lot better than Wild Rager

Chucklossus

Character sheet
Name: Falcor Bloodscale
Class and Level: Monstrous Human lvl 7, Fighter lvl 3
Hit Points:
Cosmic Powers List Left_bar_bleue120/120Cosmic Powers List Empty_bar_bleue  (120/120)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jolly Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:54 am

Actually I just forgot to add some of the domains and got a few mixed up. I'll modify accordingly.

I wasn't overly concerned with the specific identities of the three new gods, but rather the niche they fill. The name Crimson Maruader just came to me- he sounds like a Bane kinda god, and I figured if black was taken Bane would probably take some other imposing color like crimson....or maybe mauve or aquamarine. Orange, perhaps. Suggestions on the names, obviously, are welcomed.
Jolly
Jolly
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Class and Level:
Hit Points:
Cosmic Powers List Left_bar_bleue0/0Cosmic Powers List Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

https://legionrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  synapse8193 Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:47 am

The Radiant Vanguard: Honor

You've got a lot of the imagery for Bane as having black and green, so while Crimson makes for a better name, it may not fit.

Demon Lords
Shai-Hulud: Demon lord of the acidic and vitriolic. Also demon lord of mutilation and of fervor.

Primordials
Gal-Iaga (or perhaps Galyaga or Kalyaga): The dead ruler of the primordials, who tore the veil between the universe and the Far Realm. Was the Leviathan's only rival as primordial of chaos.

((Of course, if you have better ideas for these, or if you wish to omit or change them, please, be my guest.))

Also, Kimmons says that the Sovereign freed Levistus from his icy prison in the Hells, in case you had any plans for the Hells.
synapse8193
synapse8193

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Cosmic Powers List Left_bar_bleue97/141Cosmic Powers List Empty_bar_bleue  (97/141)

Back to top Go down

Post  heimdll Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:04 pm

Admin wrote:
Possible Additions
Crimson Marauder: Hatred, Conquest, Fear
Wailing Lord: Despair, Sorrow, Plagues
Veiled Whisperer: Madness and assorted other domains depending on its incalculable whims

please clue in as to who these are for the not so clued in ones...
heimdll
heimdll

Back to top Go down

Post  synapse8193 Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Given the domains he has, the Crimson Marauder would likely be Bane.

The Wailing Lord seems to be based on a seraph named Voldarion, who did not choose to be counted among the deva, and instead snuck away to seek revenge on the gods for so quickly forgetting/replacing his people.

In a conversation between Jolly and I, he pitched the idea that the Veiled Whisperer was the combined consciousnesses of the seven angels of the Sodality of Veritas from the college game. Hence the inscrutable and often self-contradictory nature of his orders.
synapse8193
synapse8193

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post  heimdll Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:06 am

ok good for a moment we had a thought that the veiled whisperer may have been a new incarnation of Vii... to wit his supreme eminence, the Black Sovereign, will be unleashing all of his strength and innumerable armies and vast tracts of land... (eh)... to destroy that defiler.
heimdll
heimdll

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down