Legion RPG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Castle Ravenloft Adventure

+6
Red Ninja
Night Breed
Valishn
synapse8193
Chucklossus
Jolly
10 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

Castle Ravenloft Adventure - Page 9 Empty Re: Castle Ravenloft Adventure

Post  Red Ninja Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:36 am

Well that was interesting. Veraun said as he approached the crypt. What say we see whats inside? We should camp in the house and on the morrow find what we can about this thing. He turned then, and walked to the house calling for Beleth all the while.
Red Ninja
Red Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post  Jolly Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:25 am

Beleth scurries out the bqck door you just used, sees you all standing in cold, then looks back behind him in confusion.

"Master, weren't you just...." and he points behind him. "The woman, master, seems to have vanished."

The night passes uneventfully and you are greeted with a grey dawn.
Jolly
Jolly
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Class and Level:
Hit Points:
Castle Ravenloft Adventure - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0/0Castle Ravenloft Adventure - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

https://legionrpg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  synapse8193 Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:54 pm

Kalleth woke, eating breakfast quickly. He made sure he was done with his morning ritual before Veraun, and stood before the tomb, inspecting it. I'm not too keen on opening or damaging this thing without some inkling of who or what we're freeing. Last time we freed a prisoner of Strahd we ended up having to kill a homicidal madman who had slaughtered half of Barovia. That said, there is some truth to the adage 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend.' Another ally could be useful. He made sure to stay between Veraun and the tomb, kicking himself for the missed opportunity of last night. If only he'd known---comprehended what was going on. What information could he have mined from Lady Dallmov if he'd understood---well, at least as close to understanding as he'd gotten---what was happening. What I wouldn't give for a Town Portal! Upon thinking about it he doubted the others had frequented Nerath, and elaborated. Little scrolls large Nerathi cities sell. When you read them you open a portal to a particular part of the particular city that the portal goes with, usually the one that sold it to you. He shrugged. Be handy to get the Father to do some research for us.
synapse8193
synapse8193

Character sheet
Name: Kalleth Korgash, AKA Kalleth Bloodscale, AKA Kalleth Grimcursed
Class and Level: 10th level Warblade
Hit Points:
Castle Ravenloft Adventure - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue97/141Castle Ravenloft Adventure - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (97/141)

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Ninja Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:26 pm

Becoming mildly annoyed with being pushed away by Kalleth like a small dog, Veraun was eager indeed to open the tomb. Look if youre just going to speculate then get out of my way. Beleth search for a way inside. The swamp could wait a day more. Besides, it would give the rest of the party a chance to catch up.
Red Ninja
Red Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post  Jolly Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:24 pm

Beleth scuttles along the tomb but finds no door, no entrance, not even a crack. He pauses on the top of the crypt though and appears to be listening to something. He turns towards his master and says "He wants to speak to you. Just touch the tomb and you can hear his voice."

Those who touch the tomb
Spoiler:
Jolly
Jolly
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Class and Level:
Hit Points:
Castle Ravenloft Adventure - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue0/0Castle Ravenloft Adventure - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (0/0)

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Ninja Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:39 am

Well... why not. Whats the worst that could happen? and with that he began to play a game with Beleth that involved lobbing a small ball of fire back and forth.
Red Ninja
Red Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post  solariel_89 Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:57 pm

Solariel approached the group of travelers as they continued to examine the tomb. Shaking her head, she pulled out a scroll of parchment and a quill. She quickly scribbled something on the parchment. Seconds after she had finished, a deep ethereal voice spoke what she had written. "I would think before I act." She smirked. Again, she wrote on the parchment and again the voice spoke. "Whatever is trapped in there is trapped for a reason. I doubt it's anything we'd want to meet. That being said, there is no harm in investigating the history of what lies within. However, that investigation does not require breaking into a mysterious tomb. Terrible things happen when you release what you do not know."

solariel_89

Back to top Go down

Post  synapse8193 Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:32 pm

Kalleth shrugged as Beleth spoke. Couldn't hurt anything as near as I can tell. The thing has to be damaged for the magic to be broken, from the sounds of Strahd's and Lady Dallmov's conversation. I'm not opposed to listening a little. He stepped forward with the others and touched the tomb. Listening to the words the tomb spoke, trying to asked questions, to no avail, he sat back and pondered a moment.

His sword flew from his sheath as he heard the voice. As he wheeled around, seeing some random woman scratching on some parchment was not what he expected.

Do I really sound like that? Kalleth asked, suddenly struck by the wishy-washy, hedging, sound of the "Let's read about it and decide later," response. Look, we're not in Strahd's good graces as it is. And we had to kill the last prisoner of his we freed. He sighed. We might as well. What's the worst that could happen? We have to kill another homicidal madman? Meh. We can handle that. Maybe have to face Strahd a little early? Well...that could be a problem but we have to fight him eventually. So...who wants to do the honors?
synapse8193
synapse8193

Character sheet
Hit Points:
Castle Ravenloft Adventure - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue97/141Castle Ravenloft Adventure - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (97/141)

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Ninja Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:02 pm

OH OH OH! Pick me! Veraun said sarcastically. I would love to do the honors. Unless the lady thinks she may wield far GREATER powers?
Red Ninja
Red Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post  synapse8193 Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:12 pm

Who ARE you anyway? Kalleth said, turning to this...girl? Speaking through a parchment? I'm so used to random people interfering in my business that I barely noticed you before, but who ARE you? He still held his sword, but not at the ready. If he held his sword at the ready every time someone new showed up he'd never be able to leave a combat stance, let alone sheathe his weapon. And what business is it of yours if we unleash a thousand madmen in this accursed place? This is our sealed evil in a mausoleum, thank you very much. Or can you not find your own to not release? He twitched. Mmm...maybe I should lay off the ale.
synapse8193
synapse8193

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post  Jolly Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:21 pm

"Perhaps, master, we should worry less with the tomb and venture into the swamp while the day is young," says Beleth as he plays 666 Square with his master. "The voice did say after all that his prison could only be opened at dusk."

The imp loses his game with Veraun when, distracted by the sudden new-comer, he misses a pass. He flutters about her, examining her knapsack, belt...anything or object which might betray her abilities. He scurries back to his master's shoulder and perchs like a vile bird.

"I do not like this one, master. She might be a spy- perhaps she could be slain?"

An ominous wind howls across the plains- in the distance you can see the first few cypress trees which lay on the outskirts of the accursed marsh.
Jolly
Jolly
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Class and Level:
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Ninja Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:00 am

Im with the imp. Lets go exploring. Veraun gathered his pack and began edging toward the swamp. We can always kill the wench later.
Red Ninja
Red Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post  Jolly Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:34 pm

Veraun hops playfully and proceeds to sing as his master walks. "Ta-ra-ra-doom-dee-eh!"

In only a half hour you find yourselves searching for dry places to step as the ground turns to muck. Half dead cypresses beset you on all sides while nooses of spanish moss leer down evily at you. Slowly you realize that dry ground is all but impossible to find and each must wadee through knee deep water. Not a single insect buzz or bird chirp echoes through the dark woods.

In the spen of a few hours you come to a region where the water reaches almost to your waist. In the distance you can make out a small island of reletively dry land. A few broken pillars- the wreckage, you think, of some sort of small shrine or temple. From it you can make out a faint bluish glow.

Spot DC 18
Spoiler:

Spot DC 24
Spoiler:

Spot DC 28
Spoiler:
Jolly
Jolly
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Class and Level:
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Ninja Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:42 pm

SPOT = 19

Well... looks like we'll have company. any ideas on how we're going to cross? Veraun said. Not really wanting to get himself wet. Beleth, go scout that island, and try not to take forever. If you cant find anything useful start hunting for lunch, Im starving.

Veraun paused to look at his companions. He seriously doubted any of them would care about getting wet. That was one of the hazards of traveling with surface races he supposed. No sense of style. Bastards...
Red Ninja
Red Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post  Jolly Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:12 am

Beleth flies ahead and returns a few minutes later.

"On the island there is circle of magic, master, which glows with blue light. In the center of it is a hunk of blue crystal with a bone of some kind within. It is protected by a hag-ish looking thing with sharp claws. And if master is hungry he might partake in some of the fish of the waters ahead. They look oh so yummy."

Veraun for his part recalls that as a drow he can levitate above the water but since he's on the surface the spells power is diminshed. You have max altitude of 10 ft and can move yourself horizontally 5 ft as a move action. You could go as high as 20 ft but the spell would end at the beginning of your next turn.
Jolly
Jolly
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Class and Level:
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post  synapse8193 Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:25 am

SPOT: 16

Kalleth smirked. Very well. He rose, grabbing his gear and slinging it onto his back. As they proceeded Kalleth was quiet. Advertising his presence was not something a century of adventuring had taught him to be wise. But that was not all. Kalleth was reminded of...past times. In a word, he was reminiscing, and in reminiscing, he was in the back, brooding.

He hated swamps. The thought pulled him from his memories. Of all the environs, deserts, blizzards, caves deep beneath the earth, jungles and forests, swamps are what he hated the most. So...uncomfortable. So wet. It was something he was used to, but not something he enjoyed in the least...certainly not something he was indifferent to. It put him in a fowl mood.

An island up ahead. Veraun stopped and looked into the darkness. Kalleth squinted ahead, unable to make out anything in the swamp's foggy air, despite Veraun's assertion of something ahead. He drew his sword slowly, taking special care to be quiet about it. Can you tell what it is? he asked, directed both at Veraun and directly a Beleth. If he had to travel with a devil he may as well make use of the fowl little thing. Beleth's report came back...a hag. Delightful. Kalleth raised his sword, at the ready. She'll hear me coming...the noise of me coming out of the water will be unmistakable unless one of the gods shines on us and she's deaf. I'll be a distraction, you can attack from behind...break the crystal at the ritual circle.
synapse8193
synapse8193

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Ninja Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:11 pm

Sounds like a good idea. Ill levitate and Beleth can pull me along, ill go right you go left. Veraun began to levitate and Beleth started dragging him to the right.
Red Ninja
Red Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post  Jolly Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:28 pm

Notes: Green is Solariel, Blue is Lucca

Water: Waist deep, your movement through it is reduced by 15 ft (3 spaces). You have cover in water (+2 AC, and +2 to Reflex saves)

Deep Water: Requires a swim check (DC 12) to stay afloat. A DC 17 check allows you to swim half your speed through it. Provides superior cover (+4 AC and Reflex)

Roll Initiative! And Move Silently checks.

NB: I've modified the starting positions based on the character's plan.

Last edited by Jolly on Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Jolly
Jolly
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Class and Level:
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post  synapse8193 Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:23 am

Inititative: 25
MOVE SILENTLY: 13
Move 1: Forward 4 squares to F6.
Move 2: Diagonal (forward, up) 1, forward 2, up 1 to I4.

Nodding, Kalleth gave a signal to the others, a Nerathi military handsignal to hold, then the signal to proceed, slowly. Blade drawn, Kalleth worked his way forward, the mucky water slurping about the joints of his armor. He felt the ground dropping off at the edge of his feet and backed up under the tree. Why could this way be behind the hag? he thought. I hate swamps....
synapse8193
synapse8193

Character sheet
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post  IntheShadows Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:57 pm

Initiative: 15

A slight mist envelopes the middle of the southern left corner tree[G12] and out of its slight shadow cast on the branches emerges Lucca, hands on the hilts of his twin blades, stepping further out on the branch and crouching.

Subtle, Land-Stander.

Eyeballing the now aware and seemingly irate hag My scouting yielded great results. Remind me after we dispatch this hag and maybe I'll let you all in on my wonderful little secret. Looks VERY profitable. Lucca says to Veraun slyly with a wink as he floats by the tree he's perched in.

Not being particularly fond of smelly bog water, Lucca leaps to the tree in front of him[2squares to I10](Jump Check: 30) and uses the momentum to swing off it and nimbly land on the edge of the fallen, broken pillar edging the water[M9]. Snapping his scimitars from their sheaths and taking a defensive stance.
IntheShadows
IntheShadows

Character sheet
Name: Allil FearGhail
Class and Level: Rogue
Hit Points:
Castle Ravenloft Adventure - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue100/100Castle Ravenloft Adventure - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jolly Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:21 am

DM NOTE: I stupidly forgot to add an I column-J is the new I. Positions changed accordingly

Initiative Order
Hag (26)--Kalleth (25)--Lucca (15)--Veraun--(13)--Swamp Eels (5)--Solariel (1)

Summary
Hag-surprised, focused on Lucca and Kalleth
Kalleth-to J4; 10 damage and grappled by Eel 1 (DC 33)
Lucca-to N9; +4 AC and +2 to Reflex saves
Veraun-pulled to N13 (the orange dot in front of you is Beleth)
Eel 1- to H4; hit, 4 damage and grapples; 6 damage taken
Eel 2- to K4; miss
Eel 3- to M8; miss
Solariel-to H6; hit, uses scorching ray, hit, 12 damage
ROUND END
Hag-to O8; 1 hit, 10 damage to Lucca
Lucca-taken 10 damage

Kalleth's diversion works as planned- his splashing draws the hag's attention to him. His sharp eyes notice a rippling movement in the deeper water ahead and he prepares himself-a giant, pale eel with a sucker-like maw explodes out of the water in front of him. His blade intercedes in time to stop it.

"Warrior, behind you!" yells the strange woman.

Kalleth spins in time to see a second eel rip out of the water and latch firmly onto his right shoulder. The creature's body intwines itself around him like a serpant so masterfully that the woman's spell, aimed at felling the thing, partially damages Kalleth.

Lucca for his part masterfully leaps from tree to tree, landing on dry land and steeling himself for the hag's inevitable attack. As he flies through the air his sharp eyes notice a ripple in the water as well- he lands, spins on his heel, and barely manages to deflect the incoming eel with a hard snap-kick. His scimitars practically fly into his hands and he guards against attacks from either side.

Beleth, straining with all his imp-y might, manages to pull his master quickly and silently across the water and behind a large tree. Veraun's hands become coated in swirling magic while his familiar lies on the ground, exhausted.

"There are torture pits in Minauros which are less humiliating," he pants.

The hag lets out a scream, insane and yet endlessly sad, casts its evil eye on Kalleth but charges towards Lucca. The elf's swordplay deflects one claw, but he is unable to bring the other scimitar around fast enough to parry the second claw which stabs into his upper shoulder.

Last edited by Jolly on Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Jolly
Jolly
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Class and Level:
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post  Red Ninja Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Letting his familiar catch his breath Veraun steps from behind the tree and casts magic missile at the hag.

"Keep away from her if you can i dont want to accidentily hit any of you with a spell." Veraun yells to Kalleth and Lucca. "Kill the eels. I dont need to be distracted by water worms!"

Magic Missile DMG - 12
Red Ninja
Red Ninja

Back to top Go down

Post  IntheShadows Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:22 pm

As I am flanked by both I will attack both, But you having an unerring, inescapable spell like magic missile, why not use it to help our drowning friend over there (Lucca points a scimitar in Kalleth's direction).
Lucca splitting his focus between the eel behind him, and the hag before him...deciding the hag will be the bigger threat he is resigned to dodge her attacks[+1AC].
He swings both scimitars, both landing hits on the hag [19damage], before turning around, uppercutting both scimitars through the eel, killing it instantly [32damage] and turning back to the hag in a flurry that last seconds at the most.
Taking a step forward to rush the hag once more, he slices both scimitars towards her but neither land a hit.
You wretched creature! exclaimed through gritting teeth, he swings once more, the hag backing away once again. She's vulnerable to lightning!
IntheShadows
IntheShadows

Character sheet
Name: Allil FearGhail
Class and Level: Rogue
Hit Points:
Castle Ravenloft Adventure - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue100/100Castle Ravenloft Adventure - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ranma Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:53 pm

With a loud, oddly strangled sort of cry, a large heron flies into view from the tree line. Atop it rides Bard. He raises his staff and four missiles of magical energy burst from it, hitting the eel grappling Kalleth.

12 damage

The heron turns its head and fixes a dark eye upon the creature, and swoops down, its clawed feet trying to pull it off of the entangled warblade; rivulets of blood flow from the eel's wounds.

14 damage
Ranma
Ranma

Character sheet
Name: Lifin Minarisyar
Class and Level: Wizard 1
Hit Points:
Castle Ravenloft Adventure - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue16/16Castle Ravenloft Adventure - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/16)

Back to top Go down

Post  Jolly Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:40 am

Castle Ravenloft Adventure - Page 9 Swamp_12

NOTE: The arrow is pointing to the relic- a thigh bone encased in blue crystal. I felt like being a smart ass

Summary

Hag-Kalleth-Bard-Lucca-Veraun-Eels-Solariel

Hag-to O8; hit, 10 damage to Lucca
Kalleth- fails grapple check
Bard-to G4; 12 force damage to Eel 2
Summoned Heron- to G4; hit, 14 damage to Eel 2
Lucca-2 hits; 19 damage to Hag, Eel 3 expires
Veraun-uses Magic Missile; 12 damage to Hag
Eel 1- expires
Eel 2- to J5; devours Eel 1, will depart next turn
Eel 3- expires
Solariel- to H6; uses Kelgore’s Fire Bolt; hit, 9 fire damage to Hag
--END OF ROUND—
Hag-2 hits; 30 total damage to Lucca and slides him to O10

Lucca repays the hag blow for blow, his blade slicing across her arm and then using the momentum of his attack to follow through and slay the aggravating swamp eel behind him. Despite his training, Lucca’s scimitars find no purchase as the hag leans backwards to evade the blow.

Lucca
Spoiler:

Kalleth struggles in vain against the vice-like grip of the eel, but just as the creature rears back to strike him a bolt of shimmering force rips through it-three more follow. From out of the gloom, through the curtains of hanging moss and around the almost grasping branches of the ancient trees, soars a giant heron carrying the bard from the tavern, his staff aimed at the offending fish. His heron swoops down, silently, and slashes the wounded eel, felling it. The other eel, ever an opportunist, slithers through the dark water and proceeds to cannibalize her mate.

Veraun and the mystery woman launch a barrage of spells against the hag, from the drow a salvo of arcane missiles and from the woman a fiery hunk of rock, but the monstrous fey seems to take it in stride.

Instead her focus is directed completely on the hollow-boned elf before her. Her right claw slices across his legs, but even as his footing falters Lucca is able to knock away her second swipe with the broad side of his blade. He is unable, however, to dodge out of the way as her massive right hand slams down, catching him by the back of the neck, and is hurled into the nearby tree. The hunter feels is strength fail him, if only for a moment, and falls to the ground at the foot of the cypress, his blades landing by his side.

Combatant’s Status
Hag- 40 damage taken
Kalleth- 10 damage taken
Bard- FULL HP; 49 charges left; 1 2nd level spell used
Lucca- 28/60 HP, prone (you must spend a move action to stand)
Veraun- FULL HP; Levitate used for day; 49 charges left
Solariel- 1 lst level spell used; 1 2nd level spell used
Jolly
Jolly
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Class and Level:
Hit Points:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next